Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Mosaic Owl at Special Services Cumberland Campus


It has taken me awhile to post this photo of the beautiful owl with "hands" sky. My time at Special Services has come to a close and I have to say that I will miss working with both students and staff incredibly. Such are the hazards of  teaching artists who work for  short periods of time as a resident artist. In my case, I was artist-in residence for an entire year and grew very bonded to students and staff. This piece represents the school mascot, the owl, and the hands of every student and teacher at the school. Tracing all the hands enabled an intimate relationship to build between myself and all participants. I am so grateful for the experience of working in this school and for the opportunity of getting to know everyone on such a personal level. Thanks to Appel Farm for making this residency possible.



No comments: