Friday, February 5, 2016

Bradley Beach Elementary Mural

I am very fortunate to have another A.I.E.residency at Bradley Beach Elementary. This year, art teacher Jennifer DiZefalo and the fourth grade students are creating a mosaic with the theme of the NJ state symbols. Students worked in groups to come up with a design. The groups all had a map as part of their design, so I  created a map of the regions of NJ and inset all the symbols into the map. The space for the mural is rectangular, so I decided to show only a section of the map. This section does feature all regions of NJ, Outer Coastal Plain, Inner Coastal Plain, Piedmont and Highlands, with the exception of the top most Valley and Ridge region.This mural is a cross curricular project with fourth grade Social Studies. Jennifer wanted to create a mural that could be used as a teaching tool for the fourth grade curriculum, as well as create a lasting work of art in the school. Here is my paper mosaic "plan"

No comments: