Monday, May 3, 2021

Residency at Creativity CoLaboratory

 

Due to the ongoing pandemic scheduling changes, I had the opportunity to teach in the school I had the pleasure to help start, The Creativity CoLaboratory at Appel Farm. This charter school is dedicated to arts integration and arts based learning. It is located on the campus at Appel Farm in Elmer NJ, a great place for a school and a wonderful place to work. Over the years, I have taught art classes and workshops as well as created a public sculpture with my creative partner Kathy Casper.  So happy I finally had a chance to teach in the Charter School. Students were in person half of the time then the residency switched to remote after the Thanksgiving holiday, when Covid cases started to rise in Salem County. The mini mosaics were my first attempt at a remote mosaics. We also worked on bookmaking, printmaking and cardboard sculpture. Thankfully we were able to come back together to grout the mini mosaics, which will be hung as a sign for the school sometime in the near future.

 










No comments: